Friday, July 1, 2011

Some Enthusiasm for Kinect

I was watching E3 a few weeks ago and I was impressed by the functionality I saw for the X-Box Kinect. I've been hesitant about the Kinect and it's motion sensing capabilities in the past, not to mention there weren't many games for it I wanted to play, but I liked what I saw during the Microsoft press conference.


For example, in Fable: The Journey, you can use hand motions to cast magic, a feature I personally have always wanted to see implemented well in a game. And of course, there's always the applications for games that include swordplay. They even plan to include functionality for the X-Box version of one of my favorite indie games, Minecraft! We've yet to see just how fun repeated tree-punching is in real life, and the technology behind Kinect is by no means perfected, but for now, I'm going to be hopefully optimistic and give Microsoft a thumbs-up for this next year.

That's my blurb for now. Arcthos signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment