Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer Sale Frustration

So I was on steam today and I noticed that part of their "summer camp" sale is a package that includes The Sims 3, all the stuff packs, and all the gameplay expansions for exactly $10 more than I originally paid for the base game. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8665/?snr=1_200_200_258_104

They're also selling the Valve complete pack which includes every game Valve ever made for the same price most people spent on one. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7930/

For those of you reading this that don't yet have these games, these sales are wonderful. But if you're like me, you're probably pretty angry. Now I realize sales like this happen all the time, and there's no way I can get my money back for what I've bought, but I know I'm not the only one that wants to throw things every time a new and better product comes out a week after your big purchase.

Another thing that's happened recently just to frustrate people is the windows 7 PC/xbox 360 bundle from Microsoft. http://nct.digitalriver.com/fulfill/0295.001
This is an amazing value for college students that need a new computer and want a new 360, but let's be real-How many college students don't already have at least one of those things?

If you don't have what was mentioned in this post, you now know where to get it, but if you do, I'm sure you understand my irritation.
-beruset





3 comments:

  1. I'm thinking the college offer is to compete with Apple's offer they been having for college student for a while now. If a college student buys a mac, Apple throws in an I-Pod Touch for free. Apple has a quite a chunk of the college student market and I feel like Microsoft definitely wants some more slices of that pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. And I'm certainly all for Microsoft being competitive in the college student market, as I'm more of a PC user myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on the PC user comment. I myself just took advantage of the Microsoft offer, as my current rig has begun to fry its graphics card >.<

    ReplyDelete