Monday, August 1, 2011

Diablo 3, or how to make a game drop off my radar faster than you can say "WTF."

So, Diablo 3. A game I've been looking forward to with great anticipation since it was announced.

And then we get things like this.

Now, the no mods doesn't really bother me, since that should in some measure prevent botting. From how I currently understand it, the cash trades don't either, since you're buying from other players, not from "the game".

However, always online? No LAN? AGAIN? I don't know about anyone else, but that's one of the main reasons I absolutely didn't buy Starcraft II. So it looks like I'll be avoiding Diablo 3 as well, for the same reasons. Anyone have any good recommendations for similar games? I've heard Torchlight 2 looks/sound promising.

3 comments:

  1. This is ridiculous. The mods, I don't care in the least - I never trust them anyway. I've had too many experiences. But the removal of LAN? It seems software companies are trying to kill LAN games. I haven't seen a good one in a while. I would definitely appreciate a good LAN adventure RPG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree. LAN is one of the main things that's fun about some older games. Getting together in a room with some friends to play a round of original Starcraft or Warcraft 3? Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly. Also, I found another one, though it's in pre-pre-alpha.

    http://www.grimdawn.com/

    Looks like a successor to Titan's Quest.

    ReplyDelete